Apr 29, 2012

100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups - #39: …….I’m exhausted. Shut the door behind you….….



This week's challenge is a this very straight forward prompt.…."I’m exhausted. Shut the door behind you…."
~

That Was The Week That Was


Central London, two men sit in arm chairs.

“Bloody hell, what a week that was”

“Yes”

“I have no idea how we got through it”

“We?”

“Well, you.”

“Yes.”

“Radio, newspapers, TV. That mad woman, Dorries, Jeremy Hunt, both Murdoch’s, a grouchy judge, economy in recession. Far right and moderate left winning big in France. Worlds gone mad.”

“Probably.”

“More soldiers dying in Afghanistan. The wettest drought on record……….”

“I know.”

“Tomorrow, you have 17 appointments only. So we’ll have time to run through your reshuffle plans."

“Great”

“You don’t sound that keen”

“I’m exhausted. Shut the door behind you as you leave.”

“Yes, Prime Minister.”

~


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'm sure he feels just like that on most days at the moment! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were thinking along similar lines this week; although mine is a little more what I'd like to happen rather than real life...
    Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be the worst job there is.... The pressure, the stress... and no matter what you do, the whole country thinks they could have done better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for your comments. I'm really enjoying the variety of challenges being set by #100WCGU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea. You can't blame him for being what didn't even sound rude..... Well done.

    ReplyDelete